My tanks 1 year B-day

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trido

Fish Tank Freak
Just thought Id share some pics and info of my 120G after it has been running for a year.
Here is a quick list of equipment.
  • Return pump- mag 18
  • CL pump -Sequence barracuda
  • wave maker- OM super squirt
  • The CL return is split in two, feeding the SS with two spray bars and eight 3/4" loclines, the other half feeds seven constant nozzels for a total of two spary bars behind the rocks and 17 nozzels up topside.
  • 25G sump
  • 30G DIY remote refugium
  • 2) lumen arc with 250w 14k DE phoenix, icecap ballasts
  • 3) 110w URI actinics, icecap 440 ballast
  • DIY kalk reactor
  • DIY dual chamber Ca. reactor
  • DIY carbon reactor
  • Dual ATO float switch for top off
  • 2) 250w ebo jager heaters
  • 4) dedicated 20amp circuits feeding 9 GFCIs all with seperate switches
There is more but that is the big stuff. And here are some pics
June 1st 2006
frontview.jpg

And today
IMG_1860.jpg

Some close ups
IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1430-1.jpg

this one died:cry:
IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Thanks! Id bet my wife wont get me a present for the tanks B-day.:p:lol:

Looks awesome, Duane! That orange color on your monti-caps is gorgeous! I want mine to look like that. :lol:

Thats realy nice!!!!!!Awesome tank...I cant wait to get my new 120 up and running,and this is good insiration...

*singing* Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!

Thank all. Ive sure had my ups and downs in a year but love of my hobby (and tinkering) has made those few, stressful long nights not so bad. I cant wait to see what another year will bring in terms of growth.

Those colors look great,what supplements do you use,and also can we get some pictures of your equiptment?I am setting up my 120 and could use some inspiration!!!!thanx,Lou.......

Those colors look great,what supplements do you use,and also can we get some pictures of your equiptment?I am setting up my 120 and could use some inspiration!!!!thanx,Lou.......
Honestly, I dont use any supplements . I use Kalk, a Ca. reactor and try to do a 10% WC every two to three weeks. I use a homemade blender mix of food consisting of clams, prawns, mysis, cyclopeze,baby brins shrimp and rotifiers. I feed one cube every night or every other night about an hour befor lights out. I figure I am feeding the eight fish and the rest of the tank gets the leftovers. The tank is pretty nutrient rich as I am always on the verge of a cyano outbreak and my corals, IMO are on the verge of being brown. I think most people tend to over worry cyano because, at least for me, it comes and goes fairly often. I quit worrying too much about it. If you ask a few people that have been to my house, I have great polyp extension. I think I have some pretty rapid growth as well. Some of these corals have been fragged many times already.
For a closer look at my tank there is a thread at RDO you can see here.
http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81996 For My DIY kalk and Ca. reactor the thread is here. http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95468

Last edited:
Back