Mystery creature in my tank....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aja19919

Hi guys,

I hope you had a good weekend. I was very, very bad which means I went out and bought goodies :rolleyes:. While placing my coral, I discovered a creature under a rock that I can say that I put there.

It basically looked like a slug as in one you find in your garden. I have not put any sea slugs in my tank. Could it be a snail without a shell?

Please advise.

Thank you

Without a picture it will be hard to identify. Though it does sound a bit like a stomatella snail.

Definitely need a pic. How long is it? and how big around? Are you sure it didnt have a shell? What color is it?

Thanks Dave. I googled it and it appears to be spot on. So is this a good guy or a bad guy? How would have he hitchhiked into my tank?

Yes very good. I seem to have some in my frag tank that laid eggs. I have a ton of tiny ones on just about all the frags.

Pretty soon you,ll have a bunch. Mine only came out at night, but now there out all the time. I think they are running out of a food source and looking harder. But my tank keeps getting cleaner and cleaner.

Okay, just did a brief read up on them. I guess I need (2) to get the algae eaters going. Also someone said that Peppermint shrimp will eat them. I have a Cleaner shrimp. Will he be trying to munch down on this guy?

Oh, wow, I didn't know peppermint shrimp ate them. That is good to know!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back