eheim jager trutemp 100 watt
two fishes phosban 150
IM hydrofill ato control
IM hydrofill return pump
jbj oceanstream circulation powerhead duo wavemaker kit
caibsea argra-alive hawaiian black sand 20lbs
20lbs live rock
digital temp
I still have to dig around and see what I have left for testing equipment and such any input on how this looks for a start would be great. not sure yet if I will add a skimmer but if I do it can be later no point on using one for initial set up. I figure the duo powerhead set up will be nice for it will leave me an extra for mixing salt

Don't forget to post build pictures!

I like to live vicariously through others .. and lets face it, who doesn't like watching a new reef be built. :D

image.jpg
Ok so this is what I have so far. My brother in law helped me throw a stand together and picked up some dry live rock from the guy I bought the fusion 20 from. Got to love Craigslist was about to buy from marine depot but they are out of stock but found a brand new one on cl also added some of barrier reef's cycled rock and so now the wait begins. Placed order for the rest of my equipment today should be here by end of week. Here we go

Hmm. Now I'm afraid to post pictures of my thrown together stand. Looking great (and congrats on the Craigslist find!)

~V

Hmm. Now I'm afraid to post pictures of my thrown together stand. Looking great (and congrats on the Craigslist find!)

~V

What NanaReefer said. this is a place to share and learn . would love to see what you have put together .

Its been roughly 2 years since I moved my 75. Last weekend I finally started the process of skinning the 2x4 stand. Things take time, life takes priorties. No competition at all.
That is a pretty awesome stand though. :)

Thanks. now that the easy part is done I am hoping the the tank comes together as smooth as the stand did. I am eagerly awaiting my first of three fed ex deliveries over the next few day's for the rest of my equipment. I will defiantly be posting my progress and asking more questions as they come up

it was like Christmas today received a couple packages that included my ato set up and fosban 150 + power heads with controller and a pair of sicce micra + pumps to replace the stock pump. took a drive out to brs to get a new heater and temp gauge.
also picked up some aquavitro seed to help the cycle along. ammonia is finally coming down to level that can be measured so thing's are looking good. should have my light and hanger by Monday. not that I realy need it yet but will be nice to have it all together . still have not decided on what I am going to do for a skimmer ? but I still have time.

Thank you it's time for the wait game now. Ya I decided against the black. It looks nice but I read an article that spoke about how with the lighter color sand has some reflective property's that may help with coral growth where the darker substrates just absorb it .

OK here is an update. I have been running my new tank just over 2 weeks been running my light for a week of that. things are moving along great. today I finally had zero ammonia nitrite is at 1.0ppm and nitrate is between 10-20ppm. I did end up with the AI prime hd light and their hard mount. I read alot of mixed review on the mount but so far the problems that I read about have not been an issue. I can see where some people may have problems if they are heavy handed when the mount get's assembled or if you try and max out the height and reach so far mine is very satable. I have to say I am in love with the ato really wish I had done this on my last tank makes it so easy to keep stable water parameters right now it's a constant 35ppm temp is 78-79deg . so far things are good
IMG_20160725_124638307.jpg
IMG_20160725_161914030_HDR.jpg

Looking good!

Really like your rock too, not sure what type it is but it looks like it has a ton of nooks and crannies.

~V

Looking good!

Really like your rock too, not sure what type it is but it looks like it has a ton of nooks and crannies.

~V

Thank you Vandur. the rock is BRS Pukani dry rock. got a real good deal on it from the guy I got the tank from. the rocks with the corline algae are some real reef rock from barrier reef aquariums

Thanks. I picked up a seneye to use for checking par on my light's plus real time ph and temp are cool . found that the cheepie digital temp probe I bought read's around 2deg higher than actual temp. I have also decided to do a mini fuge in one of the chambers I prefer natural filtration to mech any day . tank is now in final stages of cycle diatoms in the sand and some hair algae on my cured pieces of rock. going to pick up some chato and clean up criters things are moving along nice and smooth so far

Back