Nano Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rbgoyaman

What is the best nano skimmer(s) out there. I feel like i have been so disappointed in skimmers that I have almost given up. I want on that you can set it and forget it.

No such thing as a * set it an forget it* to many variables. What size tank? You looking for an internal, HOB with internal pump or an HOB with an external pump?? You running a sump?

I agree but some do make your live a little easier. It is for the innovative marine nuvi mini 38 (38gal). It would have to be nano. I'm not sure of the cavity size since it hasn't arrived yet, but I'll let you know.

Well then I suggest the OCT BH1000. It is a HOB with an external pump. Taking up no room in your tank and the pump is located at the bottom of the skimmer for easy cleaning. It also has the surface skimming capability. I'm saving up for one :) ATM I'm using the Hydor Slim Skim nano for tanks up to 25g. Then theres the Hydor Slim Skim for tanks up to 65g.
Look them both up on YouTube. Some good videos of them both. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide on.

Last edited:
I have a slimskim by hydor (25g)....deff needs tuning and tuning. It worked better when it was IN the tank, now its in a sump... get a good HOB one like the swc hotshot or watever equivelent.. (SP>?)

this is no slimskim as i have one in my 34g. if u research the comline its a compleetly diff design.

Back