What kindda combo you guys think best?

A)2 Astera, 2 cerith

b) 1 nanassaus, 2 cerith

C) Torchus? (can knock over rocks?)

d) None of the above

5.5 gal
6.0 lbs Lr
5.0 lbs sand

This most likely wont be for at least a month or so, but were looking now.....

I know this will depend on bio load, and im not really sure how it will go. but there will be NO fish, shes think one baby blue leg.... i dont know if i want a crab just cause.... (i love em and all)

basicly need to know if we should go with 4 or 5 snails OR amybe 3 snails and a hermit.

Well, if you're not in any major rush (like you mentioned), I'd wait to see how things go first before deciding on anything. There may not be sufficient food in the tank for one particular type of snail or the other as you may, for example, only need the extra help with keeping detritus off of the sand bed so one snail may be able to help out better than the other etc. Just a thought...:)

RGR, thats what i was thinking,

she found something that said something like 3 snails and a hermit max.....

but we will have to wait and see

Yeah what Krish said - I got a 40 with just corals with a skimmer, 250 MH and do not think it would support any additional life - no algae to graze on - feed phyto plankton so skimmer takes care most waste. If ya just need someone to cruz in the sand then maybe an olive snail.

Why not get some columbellid snails? (euplica versicolor / pyrene versicolor / "IPSF Strombus Grazer")

They're small, reproduce to meet available food, and are great herbivores.

Back