Nanostreams and MH Bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Shark

Killer Blenny
I am purchasing a new 60 gallon cube, and I think my Seio 1100's will be too big for it. Anyone have experience with Tunze nanostreams? Thoughts on pricing? Am I better off with a smaller Hydor Koralia?

Also, I am getting my first MH setup (250w SE). I am thinking of purchasing a Blueline 10K bulb and supplementing with 2 VHO Super Actinic R's. Anyone have a Blueline Bulb? I have heard good things about the color of the Ushio 10ks as well!

Thanks!:)

Are you concerned about he physical size of the pump or the amount of flow? :oops: If size, the nano streams don't take up much space at all...Had one in my 24gal aquapod and didn't bother me one bit :)

I've run the Blue Line and Ushio both. The Ushio was ok but I wasn't that happy with the BlueLine. Ever since I started using CoralVue ReefLux 10k's I've had much better colors. Recently, I have started to experiment with Coralvue 20k's just to see how things react. The colors seem more complex and medium light corals seem happier. Some of the higher light SPS, especially blue torts don't seem quite as happy. Its only been a few months so I'll know more down the road.

I love the Tunze Nano Streams. I would use a 6025 and see if you get enough flow when combined with your main pump. If not you can always do the simple shroud mod and double its output. The Koralias are good but the quality of the Tunze is superior.

I have both, and true the nanostreams are smaller.
but the two halves of the cage do not fir together well. Kind of hokey for such an otherwise quality brand IMO.

Korallia have great flow/pattern but are longer and you need to be very careful when taking them apart for maintenance, they have some small parts and a ceramic like axel which is brittle if mishandled. But knowing these things makes these issues moot.

Thanks for the thoughts. I will have a look at the Reeflux bulb.

Being that I have a 60 cube with two locline returns...I have a little flow already. I think I would like to use something that is controllable by a wavemaker...allowing me to adjust the flow pattern. I have heard that you can't run the Koralias on any sort of start/stop wavemaker...making me lean towards the nanostreams.

Back