natilus skimmer mod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

germ

Does anyone know how to make a natilus turbo enductor work better any ideas on mods or up grades never worked right since i bought it

Well, its a terribly designed skimmer. Its a venturi skimmer and has a terrible venturi design. The neck diameter is also tiny so it won't handle much air. Your best bet is to get a pinwheel or needlewheel pump and run it like that. You will have to keep it in a constant water level as well. But you should have been doing that as is. What is the neck diameter on that guy? Looks like 1-2" If 1" your pry goig to be maxed out at 10scfh and at 2" around 17scfh

thought of something

Before I tell ya what I did let me ask what is (scfh). I thought of something today not something I would recomend on a brand new skimmer...Aquired an air pump and three wood, red sea air stones, drilled three holes at the base of skimmer inserted air lines and installed air stones in skimmer reaction chamber. fired the puppy up and it worked like a charm much more fractination and it works at all different water levels and the air pump is adjustable so I can adjust the air as the water level goes down...... high maintence but it works... who makes a good cheap skimmer...

Last edited:
Standard cubic feet per hr = scfh. Its a way to measure air pull. LPM= liters per minute and there is also LPH =liters per hour. You could even convert to gph air pull if you wanted to. Air stones in the bottom will work fine, just clean them from time to time and you may have to replace them every so often. There are some better air stones out there that are much less maintenence as well. But your skimmer should work alot better now.

Does anyone know how to make a natilus turbo enductor work better any ideas on mods or up grades never worked right since i bought it

you could mod it with a garbage compactor and remake that scene in star wars...but that's about the extent of the usefulness of that skimmer...:(
It doesnt deserve anything more than the airstones you have provided it with...

Back