Need a mentor breeding clowns

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kpiotrowski

Kevin
looking someone to give me a crash course on raising ocellaris eggs. I just put a duncan coral with a bunch of eggs on the rock its sits on into a container in my sump. pm me for phone number if you like. TIA!!!

Here is a good little read, but I have a friend who has successfully hatched a number of clowns and currently has a dozen that are about 1/2". Seems like somewhat of a pain but I would start a rotifer culture asap or plan to buy live ones. And you will need a separate tank that you move the eggs to just before hatching.

Aquarium Fish: Reproduction and rearing of ocellaris clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris) in captivity. — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

Scroll through the pages located in yellow on the left this has most of the info you need.
A Breeding Pair of Clownfish | Breeding Clownfish

Yeah definitely so far the closest person I trade corals with are in Puyallup/Sumner area. Always down to meet more reefers in the local area. I actually live and work up at Crystal Mountain.... Probably the highest elevation tank in most of the PNW! 4500 feet :) good to meet ya.

Back