need filtration advice!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dezzydory

ok need some advice....(doom doom doom!) lol i started my foray in to this hobby with a 10 gallon nano not knowing anything and started researching after. atleast i started right with just water and salt mixing for 24 hours then sand and rock for a few months. well i have decided to set up my 50 after some furniture tossing :D lol. my question starts here. someone told me you can run the system without a filter just using under gravel filtration and a skimmer. is that true? i do not want to do a sump system so any advice on that will help. i want to do this 100% right from the begining this time round. any advice on what to get or if anyone near and around the mt vernon area have some nice stuff you dont need you want to sell or donate. :) lol thanks

I would not go with an undergravel filter (Very old school) but running your tank with live rock, a good HOB skimmer and a couple K2 powerheads for water flow would do fine. You could always add a HOB fuge to system for nutrient export also.

Todd

Back