NEED food for baby dwarf seahorses

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

abmxdad2

PLEASE HELP I NEED to buy/get food for baby dwarf seahorses. So went to shut off the lights on my QT that has three dwarf seahorses in it. & wow there are about 30+ baby dwarfs in there. I need food for them ASAP I am thinking maybe copes amphs other critters like rotifers ??? I'm not if this what I need but I do need something to feed them ? PLEASE HELP Email me [email protected] or text/call 253-370-8809

Congrats on the bbs! My husband is dying to put together a seahorse tank. How'd the hunt for food turn out?
Seahorse food varies with age and somewhat with type. For dwarfs, enriched bbs and copepods do well for both adults and for babies and anything in between.
For standard seahorses, the fry may require rotifers before enriched bbs if they produce pelagic fry like reidi and kuda, but most benthic fry like erectus can start off with just enriched bbs.
Standard sized adults should have frozen mysis although it's great to feed them live enriched adult brine shrimp a couple of times a week.
If your husband is serious about getting into the seahorse hobby then I'd suggest he start with reading the links at the bottom of "My Thoughts on Seahorse Keeping" that have been written by experienced seahorse keepers from the "org" and by Dan Underwood of seahorsesource.com, the best source of true captive bred seahorses in the US.

Back