Need help...burned up two Vortech power supplies tonight!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcoomer

Who's your daddy?!?
Yep. Doing a water change tonight, wasn't paying attention and overflowed my sump. Both power supplies are toast. Disassembled them, gave them a couple fresh water flushes, then dried them on the rack in the clothes drier but no joy. Only good news is that I had power off to my return pump so I was able to flush it a couple times, dry it, and get it back in service.

So, I sent an email to Ecotech to find out about buy new bricks but being the weekend I don't expect to hear from them till Monday at the earliest. I need to round up two 24V, 2.0A power bricks. I looked at Fry's website and it looks like they have something that will work but it's flippin $59 for each one. I need to know if anyone has ideas about finding power bricks. I think that most 90W power bricks are capable so I'll look at Radio Shack, Staples, Best Buy, etc. Any ideas on where to find some I'm all ears. I've got a 125 with SPS and I need to get flow moving in the tank again.

Thanks,
Mike

BTW...mods, I put this in the equipment forum as well. Wanted to make sure to put it here too as there is more traffic in here. Sorry if I'm violating any rules on cross posting. If I am please cut me a break if you can. I really need to find some power supplies.

Back