Need help re-setting up my tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

royalreef

I have a problem I just buy some big live rocks (Thanks James the live rock is great!). and want to see if some body can help me on setting up the new rock and to see if I have it setted up the rigth way. I am in royal city 2hrs from spokane or 2 and a half hrs from seattle I will pay gas some BBQ or you can tell me how much do you charge me to come to help me.:?:

Also on the first picture you can see some kind of transparent anemone with green tips can you help me identify it?

And the 2nd and 3rd is how i just trow the live rock in there.

Hey Man,

You should be good, that rock was curing for 6 weeks and we kept it wet in the plastic bags for your trip home. You might have a little die off but you should not have that much.

I know a few other people that got the same rock two weeks ago and they just added it to their tanks and they were just fine.

Save your money, just read and teach yourself, you must be doing something right with all those pictures you showed me today
Your tank looks great.

Thanks James I will take all the rock out tomorrow and re-arenged it to have a beeter loking tank also do you have a chance to identify that thing on the first picture?

What's wrong with the way it is right now? From the pictures, I think it looks great!! Figure out what it is that you don't like about it, and re-arrange it to where you do like it. As long as your fish have places to hide and create their own territories, and as long as you have rock to glue corals to, or stick corals in holes...you'll be just fine.

You do want flow to be able to circulate throughout your rockwork, so don't pack it all tight together.

I thought the same thing as sid and james! nothing wrong with the rock placement. I would go for more of a white house look myself! lol Its all just a matter of what you like. trial and error... then the wife steps in and dictates how it should look! Happy reeffing!

I thought the same thing as sid and james! nothing wrong with the rock placement. I would go for more of a white house look myself! lol Its all just a matter of what you like. trial and error... then the wife steps in and dictates how it should look! Happy reeffing!

HAHA Jeeeees if that is not the TRUTH!

I can't really see exactly what the anemone looks like in that picture; however, I am willing to bet it is Aptasia, which you want to get rid of. It's a pest anemone that I consistently watch for and kill right away. BUT it's not a reason to pull the whole rock out and re-arrange just to get rid of it.

Back