Need help w/finding a fish meeting specific criteria

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

oh yeah forogt to mention that....last blenny i had well hes in the overflow box now.

He decided my LPS tasted good so blennies are out. any others??

Do you have a sandbed? I have/had a yasha and shrimp pair in my 14 gallon. Not an herbivore, but they were pretty and fun to watch.

Last edited:
I have crushed coral in my tank so I can't do sandsifting fish, I'd really like a freeswimmer.

The bluegold blenny is insanely active and I miss that about him (but he bits LPS)

While I don't recommend this unless you have another, bigger tank. I got a tiny pink skunk clown for mine. She is now in my big tank, but she did great in the nano for over a year (also not an herbivore though).

I'd go with the Tailspot Blenny I have one and a Bicolor together (not recomended) and the Tailspot spends most of the time up and swimming around or perched atop of my Toadstool.

Todd

yeah its a tough order to fill (or else I would have filled it already) I just looked up the rainfords goby and he has potential.

Has anyone heard of him eating bergeria nudibranches or LPS??

I had a rainsford in mine at one point--he did great. I had a little of everything in there from zoas to montis.

I have a rainfordi, and love it. Not sure how well it would do without sand to sift. Mine picks at algae (or pods hiding in algae), but also sifts. I'd think if you have some hair algae growing and have a good number of pods, it would be ok.

Very cool fish
rob

Back