Need Help with Fin Rot Problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

guyleon

I need advice in setting up an aquarium for large angel fish (Regal,Flagfin,Emporer Angelfish)...Cause i face this problem(fin rot,Their Fin Start to rot rapidly)while other fishes in my tank are not affected at all..but only this Angelfish seem to be infected (fin rot).I have Orbi batfish,tomato clown,maroon clown,percula clown,blue Demsel,blue tang,yellowtang,banded damsel,Domino Damsel,Coral beauty..and so on.....but none of them are facing any problems...all of them are doing fine...except for the Angelfish...They seem to do fine for the first week ...but on the second week..thats where te problems start...Am I the only one going through this problem..or is ther anyone else going through the same problem....Please Help

guyleon welcome to reef frontiers. Are you keeping it in a quarantine tank first for observation? Are you absolutely sure it is fin rot and not being damaged by something in the tank? I am not too familiar with this fish but it could be one of these things.

I need a lot more details from you before I can offer any sort of intelligent advice. One thing for sure is that doing a lot of reading will help you.
I think you will find this helpful:
http://www.marineaquariumadvice.com/library.html

Also go to the consultation page and look at the form to get an idea of what information could help other to help you. You may also want to give the consultation service some serious consideration.

Cheers,
Terry B

Back