Need HELP with light fixture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reef Setup

a mystery i be
This is driving me nuts i have a light fixture called {Ultralight made in the usa} it has a 150 mh de and 2 36 blue compacts 36 blue is what it says on it i think there 16 inches long the dimensions of the case are 18 L 11 W and one built in fan. The ballast it runs off is called catalina aquariums which its blue kinda bright blue with a built in fan. Anyways i bought this with a set up for some reason it flickers and at times it went away i wanted a new bulb cuz i thought that was it i also trouble shooted by thinking i was running to much power in my room but that wasnt the case, so i got a brand new sps 150 mh de bulb popped it in and it started to blue up then went yellow and then it flickered like crazy for how ever long i left it in there about 25 mins. The bulb it ran off when i offically bought it didnt flicker like the new one as bad so i put it back in and it didnt flicker at all after that so i waited 24 hours threw in the new sps 20k bulb and did the same flickered like crazy! The person i got this from hasnt gave a soultion to this I NEED HELP this is driving me nutts. I can pay anyone who can help me out on this meaning if you came by and looked at it. One thing i can tell you it looks in good shape but theres something wrong with it. As far as someone to come and look at ONLY EXPERIENCED PPL WHO KNOW ABOUT MH LIGHTING PLS. Someone pls HELP me on this! I spent so much money on this hobby i've bought stuff and for some reason i never end up using becuz it doesnt fit or it doesnt perform well ive got nearly 600 dollars equipment jus sitting believe me ive tried to sell. sry for venting. Ive got about evrything i need for my tanks and this light thing happening to me its killing my thrill for this hobby!

Back