Need help with lights for a 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TRENT

I have a Aqua Medic Ocean Light 48" 2x250 HQI 2x54 T5 fixture that is going over a 120 gallon tank. I just ordered (2) Phenix 14k and (2) ATI True Actinic 03 T5 HO. Is this going to be too Blue/Purple? Or should I run two different T5's? Here is the website I ordered off. Thanks in advance.

http://www.soslightbulbs.com/ATI-T-Bulbs.aspx

Welcome to RF!! :D The Phoenix 14K from my experience using one was a pretty blue bulb in comparison to some other bulbs of a higher kelvin rating (and that is without me even using actinic supplements) so with actinic t-5's as well, the tank may be a bit more blue than not. This however is not a bad thing if you like the look. It all depends on how blue you want it. Hopefully someone with a similar setup will chime in with possibly a picture for you to go by to give you some idea, but IMO, the tank will be a bit blue.

Good luck and welcome to the forum again :)

I used the same bulbs on the same fixture over my 120, if you like a blue look then this will be perfect. I had 20k over it with the actinics and this was crazy blue. So i cut it back the the 14k and it looked really nice over it.

Back