Need help with plumbing difficult ehiem pump?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

10" Red Devil

Was wondering if anyone else has a ehiem external hobby pump. I have the 1250 and it has a 3/8" return nozzle on it how do I plumb this to my main tank? I want to get a hole drilled in my main tank for it, but not sure what size I should make the hole for the return in the tank? Thanks for your input in advance!

Are you sure you want to go to the effort of hard plumbing for just a 3/8 line. A flexible return line to a hanging elbow should be just as good. If you want to go with bulkheads, perhaps going to a larger size which will allow later pump upgrades.

Are talking about installing a bulkhead? Your eheim should have either 1/2 or 5/8 od fittings.

Don

Are talking about installing a bulkhead? Your eheim should have either 1/2 or 5/8 od fittings.

Don

Well for the return nozzle it says that it is 3/8" it points to the thread of the hose adapter it also talks about the fitting for the input hose adapter which it says is 1/2" pointing to the threading.

Are you sure you want to go to the effort of hard plumbing for just a 3/8 line. A flexible return line to a hanging elbow should be just as good. If you want to go with bulkheads, perhaps going to a larger size which will allow later pump upgrades.

Good point, I may just end up doing this. Do they make black tubing for this diameter? One of the reasons I want to hard plumb everything is to block out the light in the line to reduce the chance of algae building up or growing in the lines. Thanks.

Well for the return nozzle it says that it is 3/8" it points to the thread of the hose adapter it also talks about the fitting for the input hose adapter which it says is 1/2" pointing to the threading.

Thats ID you need back 1/2" hose from home depot. It should actually be 13mm so you may need to out the hose end in hot water so it will stretch over.

Don

Back