Need Help!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltwaterTeen

I still cant find the HOT skimmer Im looking for, im thinking about a aquac remora pro with the mag 7 pump and the extra tall skimmate cup, Ive heard alot of pros and less cons about them, but I checked out that saltaquarium.about.com site about what they listed as the top 6 skimmers, and they had it in this order!
1) CPR Cyclone Bak Pak Series
2) Aqua medic turboflotor 1000 multi protein skimmer
3) Precision marine HOT-1 protein skimmer
4) Red Sea Prizm Protein Skimmer
5) Red Sea Berlin H.O Protein Skimmer
6) Aqua C remora protein skimmers

I wonder how the heck red sea prizm could be better than aquac remora? I got one of those prizms and it had leaks everywhere! It didnt even skim! IMO I think prizm is a very dissapointing skimmer, and I found my seaclone to be better than one of those! What HOT skimmers do you have good experiences with?

Last edited:
I never have been able to make any one of 3 prizam skimmers and 2 prizam pro skimmers to leak at all. Mine all make lots of good skimate everyday. It is just my opinon and experince with this skimmer but I do not think they are junk. here is 14 hours of production, in mine. steve

LOL, now that I might buy. LOL I feel that way about magnum 350's some people love them, I think they hope I die, and would come to the funeral to leak water on my grave. LOL. Good one. Steve

HEH... I dont really like RIO pumps, but it gets they job done for my aquafuge (because the aquafuge needs low flow ;))

Back