Need HOB Skimmer Advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lisad8763

I have a 55 gallon tank need to upgrade skimmer so I can add more fish and soft corals. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry you haven't gotten any responses yet. :oops: I know it was recommended by Michael (returnofsid) on your other thread to start this one here which was great advice, but give it a bit of time so that Mark (skimmerwhisperer) can chime in and some of the others. I think what the problem is is hang on skimmers for a tank this size aren't as popular as hang on's for smaller tanks. Typically when you see a tank 55 gals or more, there is usually a sump tied into the system where people use either an external skimmer or an in-sump skimmer. Hang tight though as there are some hang on's out there that should suit you well :)

sorry i missed this...
yep, krish is right it is an odd size for hob skimmers...
the main problem being that hob skimmers that have more power are more expensive of course...and you get to a point where you could be buying an in-sump skimmer that would be better for less money.
is it completely impossible for you to get an inexpensive glass tank for a sump and an overflow box for the tank??(and return pump of course)

here would be a good skimmer for 55g:
http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx...ein_Skimmers-AquaMaxx-UJ1151-FIPSHONW-vi.html

Back