NEED ID's for all these, sorry about quality taken with phone >.<

The Shroom
1129091614.jpg

the stuff on left side of rock
1129091614a.jpg

& these 2 clowns ( a pair )
1129091616a.jpg

1129091617a.jpg

the first looks just like a regular ricordea mushroom, second looks like some sponge nothing to worry about and the third just looks like a pair of false percs maybe a true purc but kinda hard to tell from the light and kinda blurriness hopes this helps you out some :)

Yeah I think true percs there seems to be a black border between the white and black.

yeah it looks more like true mainly on the second one because of its lighter color and darker black borders but who knows still could be a litle one lol

the first looks just like a regular ricordea mushroom, second looks like some sponge nothing to worry about and the third just looks like a pair of false percs maybe a true purc but kinda hard to tell from the light and kinda blurriness hopes this helps you out some :)

ya that ricordea has like grown 6X in size, its huge now!
and yeah sorry, pics tooken with my phone

Rodactis mushroom not ricordia,
yellow sponge (a round sponge bob)
false percs (true percs have a bigger black band between white and yellow)

yeah i did alot of phone pictures, and when i had my red ricordea it was that size but when it finally opened all the way it was like the size of a grapefruit haha.

Quote from different web site

"I'd say it looks like a true percula because of the prominant black lines around the white bars. I've always had false perculas and they have never had nearly that much black around their bars."

The names, "True Percula" and "False Percula" are pretty useless, IMO. A True Percula Clownfish is just that, a Percula. A "False" Percula is an Occellaris Clownfish. Don't know why people started calling them False Percs.

The only true way to tell one from the other, is to count the spines, in the dorsal fin. One has more than the other.

The clowns are Amphiprion ocellaris

the stuff on left side of rock

Are either Didemnum sp or Diplosoma sp Colonial Ascidians. But would like to see a better pic. It is easy to mis-ID a sponge for a Ascidian or vice-versa in a bad pic. To see what you have touch the top off one of the large ex-current holes and see if it moves, contracts. If so it is an Ascidian.

Didemnum

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&q=Didemnum&ndsp=21&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Diplosoma

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Diplosoma&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

return

I can explain that :)

The percula was ID in 1802 and ocellaris in 1830. The percula gained allot of fame and attention for its "coolness" look. When some were collected for early displays, and other collections, all thought they were percula's do to their fame, when they ones being collected were actually the unheard of ocellaris. Once this was figured out the name "False Percula" was attached to Ocellaris and "True Percual" for the Percula :)

The names, "True Percula" and "False Percula" are pretty useless, IMO. A True Percula Clownfish is just that, a Percula. A "False" Percula is an Occellaris Clownfish. Don't know why people started calling them False Percs.

The only true way to tell one from the other, is to count the spines, in the dorsal fin. One has more than the other.

100% agree

Back