need skimmer pump asap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marlinmero

Marlin
anyone know where i can get a replacement pump for my skimmer? its an swc extreme 180 i believe. the current pump says PSK-2500. im leaving for mexico in 3 days" what a shocker it would act up now" so i need one asap please

well, if you were looking to replace it with a different pump, i would look at the new sicce syncra silence pumps, here's the ATB and tunze version;
http://www.reefspecialty.com/virtue...60-accessories/505-atb-sicce-syncra-pump.html
T9420_040 Premium Aquatics - T9420_040 Aquarium Supplies

these eheim pinwheel pumps are sweet, u just need to make a venturi, or possibly use one from a sicce or other pump...
EH-1103220 Premium Aquatics - EH-1103220 Aquarium Supplies

and the ATI unidirectional gridwheel modded psk 2500 is definately worth looking at
ATI-0403 Premium Aquatics - ATI-0403 Aquarium Supplies

or even an atmann 2500 with larger pinwheel will give 900lph air,
Atman 2500 Pump
Modified Atman 2500 Impeller
but again, doesnt come with venturi(although i suspect luke has some for sale for this pump)

and it's also worth a shot to take problem sicce 2500's and put the white lightening pinwheel/venturi on them...
usually fixes most normal start-up issues, unless there is other problem with pump/impeller.
http://www.shop.reeffiltration.com/product.sc?productId=53&categoryId=3

Last edited:
and it's also worth a shot to take problem sicce 2500's and put the white lightening pinwheel/venturi on them...
usually fixes most normal start-up issues, unless there is other problem with pump/impeller.
white lighting pinwheel impeller

Thanks for the very in depth reply. I have had these for years, gotten good at starting the worst of them but still a pain. Mine has a white wheel, so probably cheapest bet is a new magnet (impeller) since I am only person in the world who can start it and has taken up to 30 minutes messing with it:jaw:

Back