Need some help...burned up 2 Vortech power supplies!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcoomer

Who's your daddy?!?
Yep. Doing a water change tonight, wasn't paying attention and overflowed my sump. Both power supplies are toast. Disassembled them, gave them a couple fresh water flushes, then dried them on the rack in the clothes drier but no joy. Only good news is that I had power off to my return pump so I was able to flush it a couple times, dry it, and get it back in service.

So, I sent an email to Ecotech to find out about buy new bricks but being the weekend I don't expect to hear from them till Monday at the earliest. I need to round up two 24V, 2.0A power bricks. I looked at Fry's website and it looks like they have something that will work but it's flippin $59 for each one. I need to know if anyone has ideas about finding power bricks. I think that most 90W power bricks are capable so I'll look at Radio Shack, Staples, Best Buy, etc. Any ideas on where to find some I'm all ears. I've got a 125 with SPS and I need to get flow moving in the tank again.

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah. Wanted to post up here first though because someone here might know of a good local source.

Back