*Need to know what to feed inverts*

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jonathan G.

i just got a feather duster and need to know what to feed it. my lfs suggested kent phyto plex or something like that. I also plan on getting corals clams and zoo's down the road so if you could give me some suggestions on what to feed them and on what kind of schedule should i make to feed them.

Depending on what type of tank you have, you may not have to feed them at all. If you grow lots of algae on your glass and scrape it off every other day or so you probley wont need to. If you have a goodly fish load you probley wont need to. If you have a ultra clean super pure sps tank you may need to. Just the way I do and you will get other replies. HTH Steve

well i just started my tank and have 40lbs live rock and two baby percs, and a handful of snails and hermits, and of course my newly added feather duster. i have a protein skimmer and 150 gl rated wetdry in my 75 gl tank. and little to no algea.

Last edited:
Johnathan as Wrightme said in most cases you will not have to feed them beynd what is naturally occuring in the reef tank. Personally I dont think you could have a super clean tank, it would just be to hard to achieve. Try to put the duster in and area that gathers detritus.

MIke

Agree with Mike and Steve, I have a BB tank, run a felt sock and overrated skimmer and have all kinds of little feather dusters growing under the LR . All you well do with foods is create an algae or dinoflagulate bloom. Like Steve says the algae you scrape off you glass is the same thing.

I agree. Also, depending on the size clam you get, it may not need to be fed either. The little ones need supplemental feeding, as their mantle size isn't large enough to sustain them without it.

Back