Need to replace a little giant 4-MDQ-SC

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bbehring

I have 3 pumps which are all little Giant 4-MDQ-SC will need to be replaced. All are plumbed outside the sump, under the tank, within the stand, with bulkheads through the base front side of the sump. Although these pumps have stood the test of time (14 years) (1 - supply from the sump to the chiller and returned to the tank; 1 - supply from the sump to the tank (recirc flow only; and 1 - supply from sump through ocean clear filter and back to tank). Recommendations appreciated.

I have 3 pumps which are all little Giant 4-MDQ-SC will need to be replaced. All are plumbed outside the sump, under the tank, within the stand, with bulkheads through the base front side of the sump. Although these pumps have stood the test of time (14 years) (1 - supply from the sump to the chiller and returned to the tank; 1 - supply from the sump to the tank (recirc flow only; and 1 - supply from sump through ocean clear filter and back to tank). Recommendations appreciated.

saw this. just helping a fellow reefer out. hopefully its still available
http://www.reeflounge.com/showthread.php?t=25615

If I was replacing them, I would replace them with GenX mak 4 pumps. They have very similar flow rates, the plumbing is a little different 3/4 in and out verses the 1 inch in and 1/2 out. But they are quieter, and use less electricity. They are pretty close to the same price also.

Kim

Are you looking for a didderent brand of pump? Why? Don't think you could ask for better.

Back