Need Treatment for Zooanthids

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pblutang

I have a few frags of my zooanthids that are melting from the base and dying off. There are little critters crawling around on the frag plug and I'm not sure if they are pests or large copepods eating what's dying off.

any suggested dips?

When I have frags that close up for no reason ( meaning I know there isn't something eating them), I will try either a mild dip in revive and tank water or lugols and tank water and moving into more flow.
Sounds like the critters may just be copipods or amphipods cleaning up decaying flesh.
If they are totally trash, nata is right.

Zoanthids are common and widespread over the worlds' reefs, often occupying fringe physical environments (intertidal, back reef, other shallow areas, over dead corals). This ecoclinal tolerance points up their resistance in aquariums. Their toughness in the wild is of advantage to reef aquarists looking for sturdy coral-like livestock. Their only dark side, and it can be a huge one, is their capacity to chemically outcompete other Cnidarians placed too near, or in too small a volume.

Zoanthids are common and widespread over the worlds' reefs, often occupying fringe physical environments (intertidal, back reef, other shallow areas, over dead corals). This ecoclinal tolerance points up their resistance in aquariums. Their toughness in the wild is of advantage to reef aquarists looking for sturdy coral-like livestock. Their only dark side, and it can be a huge one, is their capacity to chemically outcompete other Cnidarians placed too near, or in too small a volume.

Instead of relying on Google, and your Copy and Paste Skills, why not get to know our forum, learn, and reply with actual knowledge you possess.

http://www.jbsmarines.co.uk/shop/article_11/green-zoa-frags.html?shop_param=cid=18&aid=11&

I have used an iodine dip made by tropic Marin and also Coral Rx, seems like it helps. have you moved them around recently? I've had things melt from changes in light intensity before.

Some people take this a Little to Seriously!! Just Sayin.. I copied this from Facebook..
Not my words..HaHa

Back