• current 14k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dailydriven911

sps addict
Well I've tried 4 different bulbs and I can't make my mind up on the one I like. I've tried the stock sunpod 14k, reeflux 12k, coralvue 20k, and phoenix 14k. I have some pics for comparison. I'd like to ditch the 1 65w pc actinic bulb I'm using for supplementation. I'm looking for a bulb that is bright white with a nice blue tint. The coralvue is too white and the phoenix is very blue. I almost like the look of the stock bulb. I'm just not sure about the par. I believe the best par is the coralvue 20k. What one do you guys like? Any help appreciated or pics of your setup will help!
:D
-Jayson

coralvue 20k

newtankpics007-2.jpg

phoenix 14k

newtankpics001-3.jpg

reeflux 12k

newtankpics046.jpg

current 14k comes w/ sunpod

newtankpics002.jpg

Hi. I prefer XM10k without actinics, although if it is too white, you can add some actinics.

The PAR is just too good..

Best,
Ilham

I agree with Ilham if you are wanting a bulb with a great PAR rating pure white, but you'll have to add some supplemental lighting to add in some blue (although you did say you want to ditch the pc :oops: ). I've tried a few bulbs myself over time (20K XM, 12K Reeflux, 10K XM, 14K Phoenix, Powerpaq 14K- current usa fixture) and I'd have to say out of all them, the 14K Powerpaq had the most balanced color to me (although I don't know what the PAR rating on the bulb was) and other than that where I wanted something more blue, the 14K Hamilton was my next favorite. Just a few thoughts :)

Back