Need your skimmer input?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

I am setting up a 140 gallon with 40 gallon sump. I have a Bubble Master 250 which is rated for 500+ gallons. Will it be bad to put this skimmer on this tank. I don't have the funds to buy a new skimmer unless I sell this one first. I do not plan to go bigger anytime soon.

You can look at skimz protien skimmers. Thats what i use and i love mine. AquaCave is the only distributor i know of. Also belive that precision marine teamed up with them and their skimmers are a different color and renamed for PM.

perfect fit...

you might consider changing out the sicce psk 2500's that are problematic with the newer, better sicce psk 1000's, they were designed for skimmers, unlike the psk2500's, so no start up issues, even if you mesh mod the impellers like on the version you have now.

perfect fit...

you might consider changing out the sicce psk 2500's that are problematic with the newer, better sicce psk 1000's, they were designed for skimmers, unlike the psk2500's, so no start up issues, even if you mesh mod the impellers like on the version you have now.

Yea the PSK 1000 is a great pump and pulls more water and air than the PSK 2500 and of course no start up issues.

Back