neospongodes

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

atzak

I'm interested in keeping some of these corals but I can find almost no information about their care. From what I understand, they do have zooanthelle, but I would think they should be fed, also. My questions are what would be the proper foods and and how often should they be fed. Also, if anybody has any pictures, just for fun. Thanks

do you mean dendros?
here is a link on them:
http://www.garf.org/1armci/dendro.html

I had the idea to make an almost completely dark tank with only some stronger blue lights:p

They are deep sea corals and you need to feed them A LOT! need a lot of flow and are also often found under overhangs.
you should go for it, they're cool!

I'm interested in keeping some of these corals but I can find almost no information about their care. From what I understand, they do have zooanthelle, but I would think they should be fed, also. My questions are what would be the proper foods and and how often should they be fed. Also, if anybody has any pictures, just for fun. Thanks

Your correct and chances are pretty good you already have plenty of nutrient in the water column. If you have other softies that are doing well this one will also, as far as food goes.

Don

they are weakly zooxanthellate and best I can say from experience and observation, they do better in tanks that have a bit of algae (bare bottom tanks that grow a lot of diatoms that get rasped or scraped off frequently... dosing greenwater, etc). You will notice that folks that do well with Colt coralsd (Klyxum) and Green Sinularia also tend to do well with Neospongodes-types

depends on the species and specimen. Variable indeed. But generally Zebrasoma are less likely than Acanthurus tangs... and Pomacanthus are more likely than Centropyge angels.

Back