neptune dx8 problems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
I think the fuse is broke on my dx 8. I tried taking it apart all but 1 screw near the phone jack which keeps turning . I did call support but they are not open. and help would be appreciated. thanks :) Paul

It was working for about 1 year with no problems.

The green light is on steady when pluged in and when I put the controller into manual mode it flashed when I turned things off and on.

None of the outlets have power so I dont know what else it could be except the dx8 fuse?

The aquacontroller 2 self test seems fine .

Any thoughts?

It was working for about 1 year with no problems.

The green light is on steady when pluged in and when I put the controller into manual mode it flashed when I turned things off and on.

None of the outlets have power so I dont know what else it could be except the dx8 fuse?

The aquacontroller 2 self test seems fine .

Any thoughts?

It may not be sending the signal to the power strip. Take a picture of the thing. I'll come up with a way to get the screw out.

Don

I've got the exact same problem with no power switching on the Direct Connect 8 unit. I also had a similar difficulty with the screw by the RJ-11 (phone) plug just spinning. After I managed to get it off I discovered that this is just a screw to connect a ground wire to the case. You should be able to open the case without taking that crew off at all.

I received an email from neptune support; they suggest changing the fuse. The fuse is a GMA 15a 120v, 5mm x 200mm. Does anyone know where to get one of these locally (Everett/Lynnwood, WA)? I've tried RadioShack, HomeDepot and Lowes. The closest they carry is a 7a one.

Thanks,

Paul

Back