New 3G nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jamiehill

Utini
My wife bought me a 3g JBJ Picotope tank last week. I decided to set it up on my desk at work.

I added a 25W heater and a PowerSweep powerhead for some more flow in the tank. It has been set up for a little over a week now.

P1000065_Medium_.JPG

P1000063_Medium_.JPG

I took some of my extra rock from the sump of my tank at home and bought some sand. I have been able to keep the temp right around 80. I just bought a new 24W PC Odyssea light off eBay today.

I am planning on fragging my Frogspawn at home and bringing in a head of that for this tank once everything stabilizes. For inhabitants, I am thinking 3 Sexy Shrimp, the Frogspawn, and some zoos. I don't think I want to put any fish in because of the size of the tank.

that tank looks awesome! I wish i could keep a tank at work that looks really cool! what type of sand is that it? It looks like powder!

That's a really nice looking nano (pictotope)!!! Very cool! Once you don't sneeze too close to it...I think you will be fine:p J/K Thanks for sharing. I may have to get one of those to put in the baby's room when she arrives next month...:)

That looks cool!
Is the purple coke cup your sump? :lol: J/K
Are you the boss or do you just have a cool one?
Thanks for sharing

Mauisreef said:
That looks cool!
Is the purple coke cup your sump? :lol: J/K
Are you the boss or do you just have a cool one?
Thanks for sharing

The purple coke cup is my topoff system. Fully manual right now, but I am working on an auto topoff for it.

FYI, If anyone is looking into getting a small nano tank. Denny's Pet World in Kirkland has these on sale for $39.99. The kit comes with the tank, a HOB filter and the 9W light.

Back