New Bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
Well I had posted about my algae out break and how I though the Odyssea 250MH HQI 15K bulbs were really yellow. Well I didnt have a bunch of money to spend to get new bulbs. I found a site selling 2 250watt MH HQI DE 20K bulbs for $49. Well I took the chance and bought them. I justgot them today and installed them in my system, crossed my fingers and turned them on......WOW, what a difference. These bulbs are pretty blue, but not to blue. I really love the color. These bulbs are Plusrite MH-DE 250W/20K Fc2 's. Man for the price can't go wrong. Now to see how they look in a few days and then weeks and so on. I red a few reveiws about them and everyone seems pretty happy with them, good buy. And my tank looks so nice now.

Ok heres some picks to show color difference. hope this works.
75003-1.jpg

new20klights002.jpg

Well pics don't show much but there is a big difference. The top pic was the first odyssea 15k bulbs as new, they got yellower as the days went on. If you compare the colors of the corals then you can see a difference.

Last edited:
They also have bulbs in the range of 10k, 12k, 13k, 14k, 15k, 20k, 22k

There was a big write up about them on RC a while back

I got them for $49 with free shipping for 2. Yea for the price they are great. I'm glad they arn't to blue. So for someone that uses 14k's these are good. Now to see how long they last. I have read they last for a long time.

Yeah I bought 2 400W 20k and the shipping came out to be $8 from lightexports.com
They were shipped and arrived very quickly too.

I'm actually gonna order some more to stock up. Maybe try out different Kelvin rated ones.

Back