New clowns - Amphiprion chrysopterus (orange-fin/blue stripe clowns)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new pair. I owe many thanks to a person here :) You know who you are! Lovely fishes, they look to be both males, still with some last striping left.

These guys are very very hard to acclimate, but after several days are already eating, and adventuring in their 37 gallon tank with my pair of Banggai cardinals.

My first chrysopterus pair.

chrysopterus1.jpg

chrysopterus2.jpg

chrysopterus3.jpg

Best,
Ilham

those are some awesome clowns dood :) , now when are we talking about breeding them? :D :p .

ohh and you should post more pictures of the ocellaris too

They look wonderful! Like they know they're home at last ;) . So are we going to start a Chrysopterus spawning pool at RF, with the winner getting a pair? It's only a matter of time... I'll put my guess down for the first week in Jan. 2007.

Our new little ocellaris are the hit of the neighborhood :D

Susie

Well man, there is one of the most awesome photos I have ever seen on page 64-65 of the Febuary 2004 National Geographic. It has like 30 of them all swiming around together. Its crazy. The article is called South Pacific Coral Hideaway.
I hope you can access it online. You will dig it.

This is the photo you are referring to Steve.

It is a dream photo. I would have loved to be there. Those are ALL blue-stripe A. chrysopterus clownfishes, with colonial bubble-tip anemones everywhere.

chryss.jpg

Best,
Ilham

Tangee said:
They look wonderful! Like they know they're home at last ;) . So are we going to start a Chrysopterus spawning pool at RF, with the winner getting a pair? It's only a matter of time... I'll put my guess down for the first week in Jan. 2007.

Our new little ocellaris are the hit of the neighborhood :D

Susie

Thank you for being optimistic Susie :) In reality...which I hope isn't true...I'm guessing these guys are about 14-18 months old, since the two still have their third stripe. A year may be too early...and I have only heard of a couple confirmed spawnings of this species. The one and only spawning pair unfortunately passed away a couple months ago....so no one that I know are raising them...and from the person who had the now deceased pair...the fry is much smaller and difficult to get to eat.

I'm crossing my fingers and give it my best.

I'm glad the ocellaris are doing great!!

Best,
Ilham

Yep, thats it. Would you believe that saturday night I was showing it to Allysa while Tiffany took Haily to the emergency room. I just went looking thru my boxes of N.G. for reef stuff. I thought about you. After I thought about me having some. LOL That is one rocking photo. I was just dumbfounded. Congratulations on a awesome score. Hopefully you will start the captive breeding program that spreads those guys across the country. If the fish only knew what they could do. LOL
Rock on man, thats just great.

Woohoo!!! Finally! Get them suckers breeding will ya? Play some nice music, and give them their privacy :). Maybe being around all those other pairs will help them out ;). Good luck and keep us posted. I hope to get some juvies from you one day...

I know Gabby. Let's see, you can be... hmmmm... SECOND in line for a pair of those beautiful Blue Stripes when they come along ;) .

Susie :)

Good humor is always good :)

Susie, maybe you can take photos as the clowns grow in your sump area. Those guys are always exploring and always wanting to eat!

Gabby, I have more here...do not worry ;)

Best,
Ilham

Back