New Coral Food - WOW

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MUCHO REEF

Just a heads up for anyone whose interested. There's a new coral food on the market that has been getting rave reviews and my corals absolutely go crazy when I feed my tank. It's great for all corals and some have even reported amazing expansion after using it. Coral Frenzy is an all in one food source for all of your corals. Be sure that you turn off your returns and allow your internal pumps/powerheads to circulate the food. I leave my return pump off for at least 90 minutes. Below is a link with a bit of info on it.

http://diyreef.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=344&osCsid=cae8384db6d192e7b5c28bcb6ddd4d16

Mucho

So then the question mush be posed. How long does a batch of this product last? What is the recomended feeding perportions?

My bottle came with a little scoop on the inside and it says to add one scoop for every 25 gallons a few times a week.
I am guessing that it will last like any other dried food, at least 6 months, probably longer.

I don't know how much the Coral Frenzy food had to do with it, but the polyps on this monti sure are standing out.:shock:

Yes it's a monti, but I'm not sure exactly which sp. I have another monti that had a similar reaction, but I couldn't get a decent picture.
I was a little surprised that only a couple of the zoanthid colonies reacted. None of the larger palythoa and proto's really gave any reaction at all. I would guess that this is because the are use to larger food?

So does any one else seel this? I would like to see other peoples success, failures and opinons on it before I toss it in my tank.

Thanks

Gimpster

What makes you say that? If it doesnt contain cyclopeeze how can it be the same?
www.sharkysreef.com also carries it under their live food section

Last edited:
That doesnt answer it at all that coral frenzy and reef roids and cyclopeeze are all the same. So what if reef roids and cyclopeeze both contain axstathin. That could be just one of alot of ingredients.I believe them all to be different with similiar components. Cyclopeeze is just the nanopod while reef roids and coral frenzy are blends of different foods of phyto, zooplankton, and copepods

I made-up a small water bowl of each. waited 1 minute to thaw/absorb the water, then gently stirred. The (frozen) Cyclopeeze was consistent in size...looked like super tiny red bb's. The (freeze dried) Coral Frenzy had much more of a variation to the sizes of the particles, and were noticibly smaller.
Side by side comparisons of size...non-scientific, but an idea of the different particle sizes...

Cyclpoeeze: a grapefruit

Coral Frenzy: apples, walnuts, grapes and sunflower seeds.

I know this has got to be comparing (apples and oranges) but this is all I have to work with, lol.

Are the particles of frozen Cyclopeeze the same size as the freeze dried Cyclopeeze?

well, they don't list the ingredients with the exception of one, so go figure. You tell me exactly what the magic formula is.

Why would they tell you what the magic formula is? They are a company that is probably protecting their investment. The same way most companies like Kent Marine, Seachem, Two Little Fishes, this list could go on and on, do. It seems from their description on Sharky's Reef that it contains; phytoplankton, zooplankton, copepods and rotifers. So I don't see where you are getting that they don't list their ingredients.

Turd Ferguson - It seems like you are Reef Roids. You have 3 posts and they are all in this thread trying to put down the competition.

Actually, it's just the contrary. I'm not a fan of any of those products and don't think it's a good in the long term feed fish/coral products made with Astaxanthin. This is the same stuff they use to give the salmon we eat that red colour and lacks the nutrition fish and coral really need to thrive. I would compare it to junk food. Live rotifers are much better for you reef than freeze dried rotifers gut loaded with Astaxanthin

Everything I have for the reef has a list of ingredients that is much more spacific than these products.. This is the law in Canada, I'm sure the US has similar guidelines but you tell me. Compare the above this feed to other containers you have. It's not the same. Cyclopeeze and RR only list one ingredient, Astaxanthin. I would also assume that any company wanted to protect their formula would patent it. I believe Astaxanthin is made by a company in Isreal called Algra (sp?)

I'm not saynig it's detrimental to your tank, my chromis gobble and other fish gobble the stuff up, LPS, Goni's go crazy for it. I'm going to wait for awhile before I regularly add this stuff to my tank and I don't know the long term affects. I guess it can be like anything. Beer and Pizza is great, but it doesn't mean it's good for me...everyday. Well beer is ok.

Back