New coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cutndrag2

Just wanted to post a pic of a new coral I got. I was kind of excited about finally finding it, I have been looking for it for a while. Does anyone else have any gorgonians in their tanks?

I have a couple of carib ones in mine, purple with brownish polyps.

and this one

nice. I always have been warned about how hard gorg's are to keep so I have stayed away.

Mojo the one in the pic is it pink with white polyps? If so where did you find it? I cant seem to find that many gorgs and not with that color. I want to set up a gorgornian only tank mabe a 210 gal. Here are some shots of my other gorgs I have had all in my tank for about a year. Brad i wouldn't say hard but challenging yes there is just no great info on them.

Last edited:
Gorgs

I know it isn't the most beautiful sample but here's a picture of mine that I have had almost from day one.

They might be hard to keep but for some reason I have had no problems with my little guy.

975100_0380.JPG

not the best picture but hope you enjoy

Duane

I always look to place them in areas of the tank where detritus tends to accumulate that way you know they get some food for sure.
I got this one from Billsreef, he has some awesome gorgs. And yes it is red with white polyps

Mike

Does anyone know if there is someone documenting gorgonian growth in individual species over a year? I was trying to figure out what is the average growth rate of a gorgonian in the wild compared to captivity. I have experienced about an inch growth since I have had mine. Hey Ohgee i think the gorgonian looks great.
Patrick

Back