New D5000 (FINALLY!)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

balogh03

Okay, I have always wanted a DSLR and since yesterday was my 18th birthday, I treated myself with a gift. I purchased the new Nikon D5000 that came with the 18-55mm and then also purchased the 70-300mm telephoto lense. (of course BBuy won't carry true macro's) Then when I got home I odered some of these; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110387259946 to see if it will help with some close ups. Today was a great day to test it out, so please enjoy. Excuse me still trying to find the correct white balance when shooting the tank as these have not been edited in any way.

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

BTW, it shoots HD video too :)

-augustus

Last edited:
Great pics Augustus! I love my new Canon XSI. How did you get that shot like that of the girl riding the bike?

Great pics Augustus! I love my new Canon XSI. How did you get that shot like that of the girl riding the bike?

Thanks man. I just used a slow shutter speed, followed the bike, and had her not pedal so she didn't blur. Here is a better example, but she is not looking at me.(I guess "she" is my girlfreind :rolleyes:)
DSC_0295.jpg

Thanks again,

-augustus

god i wish i had a picture of mine.

Had a 1988 jetta gli but swaped it out for a vr6.

lowered 2", upside down mirror window tint. everything tein suspension wise. aftermarket bumbers,spoliers, and skirts.Changed it to a euro grill with 4 circle headlight rather then the squars. Had to sell it though. I still get the blurple s-10 though.

what really sucks is putting all that money into a car and then selling it to your nieghbor down the street so you have to see going by all day long

Happy Birthday and that camera is sweet :) If I ever switched over from the Canon dark side it would be to that camera :)

If I ever switched over from the Canon dark side it would be to that camera

What is funny is that I went in with a complete mind set of only looking and buying a cannon XSI...Boy did that change :p. When I was shopping, the D5000 performed about the same as the T1 rebel, but had suttle user freindly details like a rotating screen that put it over the edge.

Thanks for the comments guys, and I will try to post a vid tonight to show the 720p.

-augustus

Last edited:
nice i just got a d90 and got the 2.8 lenses from sigma... now i just gotta figure out the camera....

Last edited:
Back