New Dolphin 2800S pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I recently purchased a Dolphin 2800S pump for a return pump from Marine Depot. I just installed it yesterday. It ran great with one small worry.
It leaked a drop about every few minutes. I called Dolphin today about this.
They said the seal will usually seal it self within a day. If not call them back. They will communicate with Vendor.
The new Dolphin 2800S has a reverse seal in it. It was reasuring to hear that instead of worrying for worse. :)

can't fine the specs on it as far as head & GPH, what is it rated & how is it on heat & sound?

Hello Scooty,
This may be the new 3000. The upfront difference is the reversed seal in Dolphin 2800S.
Its definitely quieter than a Reeflo Snapper with a bearing problem. My Friend says his Reeflo Snapper is quieter than his Dolphin 3000. As Far as heat with Dolphin and Snapper Craig also gave me this reply " the Snapper runs cooler also". That is a friends oppinion. I just got a bad apple in the bunch with Reeflo. Reeflo sent me a pump with little more than what was the serial number and asked problem. Hard to beat good customer service. Both manufacturers are pleasant to deal with.

I will have to get back to you on the specs when I get home. Again Dolphin and Reeflo (sequence) are awesome to deal with as far as customer service as of Late.

Back