New here, but not "new"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rayn

Just saying hi and hope to learn a few things here along the way. I am by no means a expert on tanks, as I still have my faults and issues, but have been able to keep most fish alive for at least a short duration.

I started out as most and had a 55, then realized quickly it wasn't big enough for what I wanted, youknow the full blown reef with corals and large fish sswimming happily around. So I upgraded to a 120 and had a reef. Then I reset the 55, added a 40b, another 40b, and 6, and a 125. Not all reef, most just fowor. Then I landed I to scorps. I found my ticket! So pretty much any and all reefs came down and I went scorp crazy. Current tanks are...a 125 with two fuzzies, brasiliensis, and a plumieri. 40b cold water with a erosa and a blackfoot lion. Then a temporary 10 holding my two clowns, a 6 with a painted scorp. Currently in the works are a 150 lobster tank that the 40b will transfer into, and a 120 in wall build for a new reef tank.

I am currently hounding stuff at CWM to find me a peppermint lion, but that seems to be proving difficult. Other fish I have had are fox face, blue hippo, zebra tang, Mozambique, rhino, and I am sure there are some I am forgetting.

First I want to say Welcome to Reef Frontiers. Really glad to have you.

Second, wow...I got lost in all the tanks you mentioned. LOL...I thought I was bad with 5 tanks from 54 up to 240.

Third, What are scorps?

I am looking forward to seeing pics when you can post them.

I like diversity! I kinda went a bit crazy on tanks for a while and had ten at one point, but when there are that many some seem to suffer. I am looking for mainly four good ones right now, 120, 125, 150 lobster tank, and the 6. The six is just a cool little pico in the kitchen.

Scorps are scorpion fish. Lions, rhinopias, bottom dwellers. One I haven't kept or found yet is a reef stonefish. I would like to keep one of these yet.

I will work on some pics of what I have and am working on.

Back