New Home for "lost" Percs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OmarD

Got my new nano yesterday.

Got setup, put everything in, then pump quit.

Called DFS and they are sending out new aquarium for me to get pump from & sending prepaid return.
sunny.gif

They also honored the advertised RC only price of $89.00! AND also gave me the 15% discount ("dodge" in coupon block)!!! (which they said was no longer a valid advertisement for the cube - so if you want to get one for this price, order quick before they pull the add down, which they said they were doing...)

Also found out you can only use the "dodge" coupon trick once - but because I did use it on original order, they applied to the $89 price. :eek: (saved me enough $ to get a titanium heater for it)

Nano Cube - For RC members only

HG-18682 12 gallon $119.99 Now: $89.99

HG-19505 12 gallon Deluxe $199.99 Now: $159.99

Here are some pics of new cube setup: (temporary hang on filter, till new pump arrives)

Nanox93.jpg

nanox91.jpg

nanox8.jpg

nanox7.jpg

I think the long lost percs are going to be much happier in their new home rather then then the overflow where they spent 4+ years. Gotta wonder what is going on in those tiny little fish brains.

sunny.gif

Scott

Last edited:
Percula has an orange ring around the eyes, ocellaris has a black ring around them. Also perculas usually have thicker black outlines along their white stripes.

I got that same nano cube from DFS a little over a year ago and use it as my QT. It's pretty nice, but the fans on it start to rattle after a while. They make horrible noises at startup, too.

Fellow reefer on another forum (3Reef.com) posted this link for me:

Percula Clownfish, Clown Anemonefish
(Amphiprion percula)
Photo by Rob Borycki​

Because of its name, Amphiprion percula, it is the True Percula Clownfish.
Typically orange in color with three white bars, with the middle bar having a forward-projecting bulge.
Has 10 (rarely 9) dorsal spines.
Usually has jet black margins of varied widths around its white bars, often of which can be rather thick.
Distribution of this species in nature: Northern Queensland and Melanesia (New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland, Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu).

While I cannot quite count dorsal spines, the heavy black bands around their white bars lead me to believe mine are Percula Clownfish, Clown Anemonefish
(Amphiprion percula)

Pretty weird. But haven't thought to check in overflows since I set the tank up. :oops:

on a side note. You might want to take a look down there and spend some time cleaning them out. I was amazed how much detritus gets stuck down there in the bottom. Now I try to make sure I at least spray some water down there now and then to left some of it up into the water column to be filtered out.

on a side note. You might want to take a look down there and spend some time cleaning them out. I was amazed how much detritus gets stuck down there in the bottom. Now I try to make sure I at least spray some water down there now and then to left some of it up into the water column to be filtered out.

Yep, was pretty gunky at bottom of both overflows. Will vacuum out next water change.

Back