New LED's from OBD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DTECH07

M.I.A
I order these in Nov and there was a backorder and i received them at the end of Jan beginning of Feb (that's what happens when you sell quality products you run out fast) well after test and making a couple of mistake and receiving some Fantastic Support from Mike (Mojo), Eric and Rebecca i'm a proud owner of some SWEET LED's Here are some pics of setup and fully operational.

Phase 1 Planning and Testing:
IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

Phase 2 Planning and Construction:
IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

Phase 3 Construction Equipment Purchase:
IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

Phase 4 Build and Installation:
IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

I kept my old lights in place as a safety factor, don't want the new leds getting a free bath:rolleyes:

Phase 5 Led's Testing with Apex:
IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

Not my tank but it was my template for testing.
IMG_1481.JPG

Phase 6 Slight Adjustments and ENJOY:drum:
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG

And what do you do to have even more fun you buy what we all love MORE CORALS:rockon:
IMG_1503.JPG

Thanks OBD for the help from 6:30am to 8pm Mon~Sun.

Last edited:
They look like Evergrow Nova A4... What role does APEX play in the setup then? Are they controllable via 0-10v port?

You'll have to go and speak with OBD on the evergreen thing but they have no reds in them and this was OBD lighting pattern since the launch them last year.
YES the LED's are being completely controlled by the V1/V2 of the Apex With a FULL Ramp and LED intensity % control.

Thanks for the great write up Darryl. Those look sweet over your aquarium. Very nice high quality install. How do the coral colors look under them so far? Any closer up shots of some of those tank inhabitants?

They look like Evergrow Nova A4... What role does APEX play in the setup then? Are they controllable via 0-10v port?

Hey Alex. While similar in appearance to the Evergrow units, we have a different LED spectrum balance. We have been running these for a little over a year now with some really great results in both growth and color in coral. You are welcome to come in and see them over our aquariums in person if you haven't already. We adapt the lights to accept the Apex VDM signal for ramp up and ramp down features as well as being able to set their intensity (very important when switching from other lighting sources to LED)

My camera shots at 2000x1000 roughly and dont adjust it so when show up here their thumbnails sorry:frown:

Hey Alex. While similar in appearance to the Evergrow units, we have a different LED spectrum balance.
Thanks Eric, appearance was the key to my question because regular EG units have either their own controller or manual dimmer (depending on the version). Having yours hooked up to VDM is a great feature to controller owners :)!

Back