New lighting option coming...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

I'm still holding out for fiber optic so I can put the light right where I want it with zero heat at the water.

There have been extensive tests done on the plasma lighting. One problem is that at full power they are only in the 6K lighting spectrum wave. A foot below the lumenarc reflector it produced 1100pars. However as you dim the bulb to achieve the bluer spetrums most reef hobbyists enjoy you lose pars. So for now it is a possible although unfinished technology for our application.

I'm still holding out for fiber optic so I can put the light right where I want it with zero heat at the water.

Is the fiber optic weak enough to not burn? I don't know a whole lot about fiber optics, but I know they are capable of blinding.

Is the fiber optic weak enough to not burn? I don't know a whole lot about fiber optics, but I know they are capable of blinding.
I'm not that familiar either, but I do know that it is a lot easier to filter things that are too bright than is it to magnify those that are not bright enough.

Back