New member says hello!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

frameguy

Hey great site. My name is Ian , I live in Port Orchard, Wa. I have had tanks for years and after 2 years I had to build another reef system. I have a 90 gallon glass tank, 75 lbs of sweet purple live rock I got from a guy who had to move. LED reef lighting that is a long step from t5s! Hang on back reef octopuss skimmer that is still breaking in, and a fluval 306 with TOM surface skimmer for Phosguard, charcoal, and pre filter. I don't have sump so I need surface skimming, and I am gonna clean weekly. Livestock, here come the screams, Koran Angel, Florida pygmy angel green chromis shoal, 2 ocellaris clowns, aptasia eating grey file fish, Orangespot gobie, 1 cleaner shrimp, 4 nassarius snails, 10 red leg hermits, 10 cerith snails. I know the Angels maybe a problem for nipping. I am see if they bother Ricordea. Has anybody had Koran angel with say LPS coral I am more a fish guy and I know it is huge Bio load, but I am doing 15 gallon water change with RO/Di from eric at Shark Reef every 2 weeks. Worst case I will have live rock only or ricordea and mushrooms. Any ideas other than trial and error with angels and LPS? Cheers a happy fish guy with a wife who is coming around to my insane hobby! Also can u post pics on here? Is it OK to mention items for sale? I heard about 50 post rule

Hey Ian, welcome to Reef Frontiers. We do look forward to seeing pics of your tank.
There is a requirement for posting pics and being able to post in the classified. Take a quick look thru the user agreement. vBulletin FAQ
You will meet those requirements soon enough.
Any way check out the other forums and threads. Ask any questions you may have and share your experiences.

Oh nice to see another reefer on the kitsap peninsula! Will have to get together some time. I'm in the Shark Reef just about weekly!

Back