11-12-05_female_oscelaris.jpg

11-12-05_female_oscelaris_2.jpg

11-12-05_pink_millepora_with_blue_tipped_acro.jpg

11-12-05_pink_millepora.jpg

11-12-05_pink_purple_digitata.jpg

11-12-05_purple_tipped_with_green_acro_at_night.jpg

11-12-05_green_acropora.jpg

11-12-05_long_spine_urchin.jpg

where did you get the long spine Chuck? Pics look great...the clowns look happy as ever and you have some nice colonies forming.

wwouu those are some nice looking pictures Chuck, one thing i don't get is how you get your clown stay put :) .
(psst psst Reed, i saw 2 long spine urchins at Blue Sierra yesterday, 12 and 13 (today) they are celebraiting their aniversary and so they are giving 20% off on all the inverts and they have some other stuff on sale too, just in case you wanna check it out :) )

Nice pictures once again Chuck! Is that the 10 or 12 year old clown? He's still looking healthy! Thanks for sharing the photos...

krish75 said:
Nice pictures once again Chuck! Is that the 10 or 12 year old clown? He's still looking healthy! Thanks for sharing the photos...

That's a picture of the 16 year old clown. I didn't get a good shot of her mate though who is also 16 years old :)

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone.

Took a few more today ...

Here is the male counterpart, also 16 years old ...

11-13-05_male_oscelaris.jpg

A colony I got from Mike ...

11-13-05_light_blue_tipped_acro_mike_obrien.jpg

Finally captured some of the color in this piece ...

11-13-05_purple_tinted_acro.jpg

And somehow my solar wrasse was able to be photographed (with his mouth open noless) ...

11-13-05_solar_wrasse.jpg

Nice Chuck...The male from the picture looks like he has extra fins (4) or am I seeing wrong? Must be an optical illusion...

Last edited:
The one that looks like the second from the top is actually the body of the Clown. The shape of the stripe makes it look like it though.

It sure can be tough to get the colors to register properly sometimes. My camera has a real hard time, but it is on its last leg. I think after 5 years it is time for a upgrade. I have been looking at the nikon 8080, the canon pro1 as well as the nikon D70 and the canon digi rebel. Not sure which route i will go at this point. It seems that w/ the prosumer's these days you get a whole lot of bang for the buck, and a much better lense then the kit lenses on the digi slr's. And it takes some serious money to get a lense for the slr's to match what the prosumers are coming with these days.

So are you using the kit lense so far on the Rebel Chuck? The pix look nice.

ohh boy if you get that 100 mm macro, i think we're all gonna be jelous :D .
i really like your wrass, he's really cute !!!
i can't believe your clowns are 16 years old !!! wwoouu that's really amazing.

Great pics Chuck, I think you are getting close to figuring that camera out!!! It is great to see that you have had those clowns for 16 years, that's really amazing!!!
Hey, if you do head over to Kevin's, drop a line. Maybe we could meet over there and head out to dinner or something.

Back