new ride

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
well after talking long hours to the husband and thinking and more thinking :lol: , we both came to the conclusion that he would get a new toy if i got something too :D :badgrin:.... well so far i'm doing my immigration papers and he got this for himself :D (even though at the end it's gonna be mine and he'll get another one.... he just doesn't know about that :lol: )

so here you go

12008go9.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot S400 at 2007-07-19

12007ne9.jpg

12012zu2.jpg

12011mj3.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-19

12009aq2.jpg

Thank you Jan :) , it's a very pretty bike but now we're broke :lol: ( immigration papers are gonna be expensive too :p) .
the husband is gonna use it to go to work since taking the car to work is way to expensive and the bus .....well he hates getting up at 5 :lol:.

Gabby got a sportster.... Fun bikes.. So when's the first road trip.. Actually if you want a good day ride, Take a ride up Whidbey Island make a loop back down through Mount Vernon to Everett. A small group of us are doing that this Saturday. It's kind of annual thing we do.

The wife I just got back a couple weeks ago from a trip down to the red woods and back the Oregon/Wa. coast. Total was a 1700 miles. Good times.

Looks good Gabby!!! But shouldn't you be on the bike??? Hope you get sorted out with your papers

i'm afraid of holding the bike :lol:.

Gabby got a sportster.... Fun bikes.. So when's the first road trip.. Actually if you want a good day ride, Take a ride up Whidbey Island make a loop back down through Mount Vernon to Everett. A small group of us are doing that this Saturday. It's kind of annual thing we do.

that's awesome dood :) ,the husband is still learning how to ride it as he has never had any experience in the highway :p and well i don't have any experince in anything when it comes to bikes :lol:

Go take the rider training course.

Take a look at this site.

http://www.motorcyclesafetycompany.com/

I had a friend go through it in order to get his endorsement. He thought it was pretty good. Make sure he at least gets a learning permit if he's out on the roads now. They've changed the laws around and if he gets pulled over with out a endorsement that can impound the bike. If I'm not mistaken.

Check out WA. Licensing site here.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/motorcycles.html

Let me know if he needs any help, I've been on 2 wheels for over 20 years and have had my endorsement for 17 yrs. So I've put some miles on the street and dirt. Mostly in the dirt racing motocross, but plenty of miles on the street also.

Oh my gosh, now I am worried... who's going to take care of the children? :)
Just kidding. Your a great Mom from what I know.
I mean if you can balance a mh light with toothbrushes you're my hero!!!!!!!!
Hope the family is well. Georgeous bike.

very kewl James :) ... that'd be definetly be kewl :D .

Oh my gosh, now I am worried... who's going to take care of the children?
Just kidding. Your a great Mom from what I know.
I mean if you can balance a mh light with toothbrushes you're my hero!!!!!!!!
Hope the family is well. Georgeous bike.

LOL!!! exactly... now Krish just send me your car and i'll be driving in no time :eek::lol:.
no actually i think the bike is all kewl but i really really wanna learn how to drive first :lol:... i mean without my husband yelling .....YOU'RE GONNA CRASH!! or YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF TWO LANES !!! and looking like when a cat is about to take a shower (grabbing from wherever he cans :lol: )

hey James do you know any good good rodes aside from I-5 :p?
or any good good rides where the majority is not i-5 or do you ride with any clubs ?
he says thank you for the links but he feels more confident with the bike and he feels good enough to ride with people and he has done it before, he did try to get into the course though :p.
if you ever go for a nice long ride, let us know because (especially since my mom is gonna be here :lol:) we'd like to go too :lol: (if there's a fish store in between ...even better just dont' say anything until we get there :lol: )

Sure. You're in Everett aren't you? There's the back road to Mukilteo (Mukilteo Blvd). That's a good short ride. How long of a rider do you want to do?

There's a good book with maps etc at most Motorcycle shops. It's called "Destination Highways Washington" It's got a bunch of local roads and are rated for motorcycle rides. IE: Twisty, Scenic, etc. etc.

I'm also a member of the Seattle Hog (Harley Owners Group). We go on local rides a lot also. It's based out of the south end down here in Renton at Downtown Harley Davidson. I'm sure you got your bike at Seattle HD there in Lynnwood. They have a local chapter also and is a good way to meet other riders and get out on some group riders.

Here's another Puget Sounds riders web site also.

http://www.soundrider.com/default.htm

Next time we go on a little local ride I'm PM you. Have you been up to Reef Mystique yet? That might be a good. Ride now most of the back roads form Everett to Lake Stevens and back. We'd have to go up through Marysville and down but it would be a good local ride.

Last edited:
nice bike. i just got a new ride also

the sun is out and it is time to ride. here is a pic of my new bike.

m sure you got your bike at Seattle HD there in Lynnwood.

no dood we looked in craighlist and a girl in puyallup sold us the bike but we did all the paper work through the Harley in wenatchy (one closer to puyallup :p).
i'll tell the husband about the seattle hog :D .
question by the way ...when did you get the oil changed when you first got the bike? the husband is worry that he might have to change the oil but he also thinks that he might be recking the bike ...how does your bike sound when you are on the highway? the husband sometimes feel like he's gonna reck the bike :p.

the sun is out and it is time to ride. here is a pic of my new bike.

nice bike dood :D.
be careful out there .

no dood we looked in craighlist and a girl in puyallup sold us the bike but we did all the paper work through the Harley in wenatchy (one closer to puyallup :p).
i'll tell the husband about the seattle hog :D .
question by the way ...when did you get the oil changed when you first got the bike? the husband is worry that he might have to change the oil but he also thinks that he might be recking the bike ...how does your bike sound when you are on the highway? the husband sometimes feel like he's gonna reck the bike :p.

Just take a look at the owner's guide and follow the maintenance. Not sure about the sporty's but mine was @1000 miles, 5000 miles (Which I need to get done), 10k miles and so one.

You have me concerned with wrecking the bike and how does it sound when on the highway. What type of sound his he hearing? Does it sound like it's over reving? HD's typical like to run right around 3,000RPM when going down highway. Has he checked the oil in it?

I cannot really say mine sounds like I'm going to wreck it on the highway. If he's concerned about it take it into the dealer to have them inspect it. How many miles are on it anyway? It might be just about time for a regular maintenance to be done and he could ask the service dept. about his concerns. By all means if he's concerned about it should be taken in to be looked at. I know it's new to him and he's not all that of a experienced rider to know what's normal and what isn't, but for his safety and confidence with the bike I would recommend having it looked at or having another experienced rider look at if for him.

lol!!! gris suena bien :p :D .

ok question, has anyone changed their bike oil by themselves? my husband is thinking about it (he's gonna first take the bike to harley on the 28th and then from then he's thinking about just doing it himself, so has anyone done it?

Yep. I've done it and it's pretty easy to do. Of course Downtown Harley where I take my bike to does them for 19.95 on Saturday morning from 9-10. First come first served. With this deal it's just cheaper for me to have them do it. Since a chrome filter alone will cost 15.95 and along with 4 quarts of oil 4.95 each I'm already over the 19.95 price.

But to answer your question if he can change the oil in a car he can change the oil on a bike. FYI: Just keep all the records of when and what was done. Don't want to get into warranty problems with them.

Back