New Skimmer...at last!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pandora32

Hey everybody. Its been awhile since Ive posted last. I just wanted to let you all know that have answered my questions about a new skimmer recomendation. I got me a new skimmer bout a week ago. Its been in the sump now for 5 days. I have installed a Skimz SK 251 Monsterz skimmer. I noticed Mr. Skimmy recomended it to another thread on here so I thought to myself, What the hell, why not. :pray2:
I am very pleased with the performance of the dual ES 5000 pumps housed inside, under the bubble plate. Lots of skimmate was taken out the first night!!
Jason

what a sleek beast that skimmer is!!
1920lph air injection @40WATTS!!!!!
the eden pumps they use are an awesome pump,
eheim rebrands them as their "compact" series,
and they are a perfect skimmer pump.
also, i totally love the outlet on the bottom
with adjuster valve control.
really well put together skimmer with excellent features.
i also like their askoll powered cone skimmers with reverse cone bubble plate...
excellent features...
also, these are the skimmers that WM has rebranded and put their proprietary bubble plate in.
and has them made with blue acrylic instead.
i think i like the skimz version a bit better. plus, its their design.

I saw the other ones also. I liked the white color instead of the blue. The underside water outlet...GREAT!! I have very very few bubbles coming out of it. There are a total of 3 adjustmants, 1 for water outlet and 2 for fine adjustments of the air intake.
I was going to get the Skimz SK 251 Kone that your speaking of, but the day after I ordered it, Aqua cave called me back and said they were sold out and asked if I would like to wait or just get the Monsterz skimmer. So, me being me, Monsterz in the sump.:rockon:
I had to cut my stand where the doors close to just get it through into the sump as well as re~work my PVC return line to the display. Its in and completely filling my skimmer section!! NO COMPLAINTS!! LOVE IT AND IT LOOKS GREAT TO BOOT!!

Funny....

I cant see the pictures of your smoking cool skimmer.

Hmmm.....I'll just refresh my browser.

Nick

Nope....that didnt do it.

Still not seeing them....

Nick

Not seeing anything either. I thought it was just because of tapatalk, but logged in to a pc and nothing. Strange :confused:

OK. I will try and get some up tomorrow...sheesh...:boxing:

Wait...what?

You didnt post any pictures of the latest and greatest skimmer???

That's it....

ban-him.jpg

We do have rules here you know....Pics or Ban Hammer...

:D

Nick

Back