New Skimmer!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltguy21

Shmuck
I just got a slightly used turboflotor 1000 multi for $150.00. It is suckingup crap like crazy! Anybody have any opinions on these?

The person at wetwebmedia.com really likes them. I believe he is the author of the book, "THe Conscientious Marine Aquarist." So that's a good recommendation. :) (The Euroreef is still his favorite, though.)

I've had the same skimmer for about two weeks now. Works like a charm! Much better than the POS I had before :D

are these dramatically better than the coralife ? Curious if it is worth upgrading or only marginally better.

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out where to get real value by spending $$$$. Just upgraded my PC's to metal halides. Kind of a shame since the tank is only 4 months old and everything was new. Hopefully, it has a big impact on my polyps, xenia etc. Recently lost an open brain and candy cane. Wondering if it was light related as there structure is similar, Although the brain was fine for a month and then deteriorated in 2 days and the candy cane iad a slow deterioration that began with bleaching and moved to loose tissue over several weeks.

I used the t-1000 for years I think its a great little skimmer perfect for tanks 100 gallons or under.

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out where to get real value by spending $$$$. Just upgraded my PC's to metal halides. Kind of a shame since the tank is only 4 months old and everything was new. Hopefully, it has a big impact on my polyps, xenia etc. Recently lost an open brain and candy cane. Wondering if it was light related as there structure is similar, Although the brain was fine for a month and then deteriorated in 2 days and the candy cane iad a slow deterioration that began with bleaching and moved to loose tissue over several weeks.

When did your brain start to deteriorate in relation to your light upgrade? I bought an open brain recently, and the person who sold it to me said that it liked less light, rather than more. She said that since I would be upgrading to halides in the future, I should move the brain into a shady spot to protect it.

good thought but I have not installed the halide fixture yet. I have heard the same as you re: the brain and light which is why I opted to give it a try initially. Seems to be alot of variables and they are always changing

Back