new sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

and one more thing i didnt want to start a new thread what is the best way to hook up the mag12 pump to the bulkhead on the sump? and is the mag12 loud when used externally?

Sorry it looks like ou link is kinda not showing the full sump.

I wouldn't recommend just dropping the charcoal in. That's called passive dosing. Get a media reactor for 35$ instead. The sponge isn't necessary usually and you'll have to clean it almost daily to prevent nitrate buildup.

Sorry it looks like ou link is kinda not showing the full sump.

I wouldn't recommend just dropping the charcoal in. That's called passive dosing. Get a media reactor for 35$ instead. The sponge isn't necessary usually and you'll have to clean it almost daily to prevent nitrate buildup.

o boy looks like i wont be doing either of those thanks for the advice and second does anyone know how to hook the mag12 pump external to a 1 1/4 bulk head?

Go to lowes or HD and get a Femal threaded to hose adapter...and then run the hose from the BH to the pump. Also anchor the pump if possible. When installing your BH run a bead of silicone on each side...helps to prevent leaks.

when you say to hose adapter do you mean to a soft hose? and what do you mean by anchor the pump?

Yeah like the nipple to a soft hose adapter. A lot of pump ran externally have base plates that can have screws put through them. If not I would fashion one from acrylic and weld-on. It will help prevent vibration.

Yeah like the nipple to a soft hose adapter. A lot of pump ran externally have base plates that can have screws put through them. If not I would fashion one from acrylic and weld-on. It will help prevent vibration.

ok cool thank you for the help

Back