New Tank - suggestions / criticisms?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tropicguy

Ok - here is what we have decided on (unless someone talks me into changing something)

75Gal AGA RR tank
Model #2 sump (oceanic)
Euroreef CS6-1 skimmer
2- maxijet powerheads (1200)
Coralife Aquapro lights - 48"
LFS quoted me on a Poseidon #2 return pump

Basically for the short term (next year or so) i want to keep a couple of small tomato clowns, maybe a Kole, and one or 2 other small fish, some mushrooms, and mabe down the line a bubble anenome. Also some cleaner crabs, snails and one or 2 coral banded shrimp.

I intend to have a shallow (aprox 1/2") sand bed with the idea of keeping on top of the cleaning of it.

Whatcha think?

John

I have 3 mj1200's in my 65, plus what the skimmer and filter push in. It never seems like enough flow...lol

jake

Welcome to another BC reefer! I have 2 maxijet 1200's in my 20g - it is a lot of flow for that size tank but it works for me. I have 2 tunze 6100's in my 230g and I much prefer the tunze as they give a lot wider flow than the maxijets do. The maxijets basically shoot out a narrow stream of water while the tunze's flow, although a lot more gph, is also a lot more spread out. If you can afford it I would definately recommend the tunze.

Ruth

Hey neighbour - i am a complete rookie so i might not make much sense. i am guessing one tunze that does 1600GPH probably won't give you the type of flow required, need 2? I will have the return from my sump also.

thanks, john

Back