New to area, new tank -- Hi!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey folks -- I moved here earlier this year and have just recently purchased an Oceanic 45g Tech series cube. Coming from grad school at GaTech to finally starting a real job, it's nice to finally have money to pump into this hobby, and my new tank is gorgeous. One problem -- it doesn't have water in it yet. ;) I just finished plumbing (I hope) last night, so I'm going to water test today. I've got a CSS65 and mag7 return crammed into the tiny cabinet, with 15g sump/fuge. I'll post pics if I get around to it...

1) I wanted to get some info about where folks buy rock around here. Shipping LR seems to be higher than what I'm used to (b/c of the distance, I assume -- came to $8+ from Premium Aquatics for Marshall/Kaelini), so I was wondering if folks buy locally? If so, from where?

2) Also, if someone can let me know how to join the local club, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

Welcome to Reef Frontiers, the area and the club.

Check the Livestock For Sale (or Free) forum. People frequently sell live rock out of tanks that they are tearing down, moving, etc.

The easiest way to join the club would be to come to the next meeting at Bellevue community College (see "Sept. 16 2006 Scott Michael visits PSAS") in this forum.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers, the area and the club.

Check the Livestock For Sale (or Free) forum. People frequently sell live rock out of tanks that they are tearing down, moving, etc.

The easiest way to join the club would be to come to the next meeting at Bellevue community College (see "Sept. 16 2006 Scott Michael visits PSAS") in this forum.

That guy is good, I could not say it any better myself. Welcome:)

I know that Eric from The Shark Reef (one of PSAS's sponsor's as well) over on this "Side of the Pond" has very nice Live Rock... fully curred, and I think his prices are like $5.50 per pound???

What I like about it the most is... you get to SEE what you are getting... picking size and shape... and it also helps he does a discount once you go over a certain poundage purchase as well.

PM sent about Joining the PSAS.

I can definatly say that eric has some sweet LR! Though I'm partial, since thats what I have in my tank :)

I agree with everyone about Erics rock. I recently won some, and we are looking at going back to buy more for the next tank. His rock is so clean and nice to work with. Not a single problem with it.

His corals are nice too!!

Back