New to the salt water world

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hthwilson

Hey, just wanted to introduce my self, I am Heath, and today I am setting up my first Salt water tank. It is a 55 gallon hex, it has power compacts, sand sub-straight, 60 lbs of live rock, a skimmer, and the rest of your basic needs. I am trying to decide what I want to do with the type of tank. I am thinking a reef tank. So if anyone has any helpfull hints, tips, or suggestions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I am walking into this blind LOL, anything would be appreciated. Thanks, hope to talk to you all soon.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! Check out our galleries and library for additional information. The Great Threads Forum has a lot of good information. I also like the thread Show Me Your Full TAnk Shots - it can give you ideas on how people place their corals and aquascape. Do you have any books yet?

Will you be using cured or uncured liverock? Are you going to cycle the tank with shrimp or use the live rock to cycle? Look forward to learning more about your set-up!

Hey Heath, Glad your here. Keep coming back. This is a great place with lots of nice and knowledgeable people, some of whom can even spell. Unlike me. LOL Steve

Back