New Vectra dc pump ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seedlessinseattle

Any input on the new dc pump
i know is not out yet, but i want one
more like i will need one shortly
My iwaki 55rlt is getting hotter every day, i think is time to replace, the last couple of weeks my fans are barely cooling my tank, last nite i found the culprit
the pump housing temperature was at around 125 degrees, impeler housing was close to 84 degrees, dont know if this is normal, as of right now im coolong pump with a fan, housing temperature was down a good 10 degrees, impeler housing went down to 81 degrees, this morning display tank was to almost normal 78.4 degrees
any input will be greatly apreciated

CDLS

I'm interested in seeing the new Ecotech pumps too.
Just waiting for them to come out.

The controllability of the pump seems awesome to me, currently I have to control the flow in my closed loop with a gate valve which works fine except that I want it to change throughout the day, slow during the night and during the day a couple high turbulent flows and then a steady medium flow.

I wonder how strong the pump will be compared to some of the others out there.

Steve

Some specs for small pump, looks way better than my current one
From gpm to power comsuption
Cant wait i need to pre-order mine

Pump Type: Centrifugal / DC
Flow: 2000 gph (7500 lph)
Pressure: 21.5' (6.5m)
Wattage: 80W
Input Size: 1" (25mm)
OutputSize: .75" (19mm)
Programmable: Yes
Return Mode: Yes
Closed Loop Mode: Yes
ESL/ReefLink: Yes
Feed Mode: Yes
Battery Backup Compatible: Yes

Some specs for small pump, looks way better than my current one
From gpm to power comsuption
Cant wait i need to pre-order mine

Pump Type: Centrifugal / DC
Flow: 2000 gph (7500 lph)
Pressure: 21.5' (6.5m)
Wattage: 80W
Input Size: 1" (25mm)
OutputSize: .75" (19mm)
Programmable: Yes
Return Mode: Yes
Closed Loop Mode: Yes
ESL/ReefLink: Yes
Feed Mode: Yes
Battery Backup Compatible: Yes

Sounds like a great pump, Carlos. How warm did your tank temp get? Did you lose any corals?

FWIW, I want one of each.
The bigger one to replace the reeflo dart closed loop and the smaller one to replace my eheim 1262 return pump.
I'd loose about 500gph on the closed loop, but could make up the flow on the return pump.

Sounds like a great pump, Carlos. How warm did your tank temp get? Did you lose any corals?

Hey Mr Earl
It only got to 79.7 degrees, lucky me i was cleaning and playing with the tank so no worries
My window unit got it set to 76 degrees at that temprature in the living room seems to keep tank at 78 degrees with the help of a few fans cooling sump, i notice the temperature keep on rising slowly so i set ac to 74 to keep tank at desired temp, all corals are fine
All good Mr Earl

Carlos

What happened to the chiller Carlos?

Hey Mr Marty
I still have chiller, but i only run chiller on extreme temperatures like anything over 90 outiside temp,
By the way the noise on chiller was the fan, took it all apart and lubed bearings and it runs like a champ
Will see on the vectra pumps, i preordered mine, cant wait to get pump and redo my return side, i remembered you had some wye 3/4 inch check valve, do you still have those available ?
I could use with the new pump, 1 inch inlet and 3/4 outlet

Carlos

I'm thinking on getting the bigger one, want to try do a close loop, i have seen a lot really nice close loop set ups
So i think is time to try something different
By the way my pump will be arriving Monday

Got my pump today
Wow is super tiny compared to my old iwaki
image.jpg

Hey Mr Earl
Well i have to wait, forgot to order 3/4 check valve and some other goodies for the install, im going to use my ehiem 1262 as a temporary pump for a week or so. Dont want to jimmy rig new pump and make it too getto lol

Back